See the course syllabus.
The aim of this course is to introduce an advanced topic relating to IT such that the student is able to undertake research in that topic. The chosen topic is mobile technology.
Workshops, lectures and exercises
Download the lecture slides (last updated 11th June 2012).
Assignment 1: Submit by Noon on Friday 3rd Aug
- Week 1: Introduction, "Why programming?" and Ant's Programming Test #1. Mobile technology discussion.
- Week 2: Getting started with Objective C. Workshop 1 and Workshop 2.
- Week 3: Your first iPhone app. Workshop 3
- Week 4: Using interface builder. Workshop 4
- Week 5: Table views. Workshop 5 and Mini Test 1.
- Week 6: Navigation view controllers. Workshop 6 and Mini Test 2.
- Week 7: More on table views. Workshop 7.
- Week 8: Assignment 1. Example of storing data: ThaiLakorn.
- Week 9: Assignment 1 submission.
- Week 12: Map Kit and Core Location. Workshop 8. Tab bars. Workshop 9 and the grade A solution.
- Week 13: Web services, asynchronous loading, and search bars. Workshop 10 and Mini Test 3.
- Week 14: Gestures. Workshop 11.
- Week 15: iPad apps. Workshop 12 and Assignment 2.
- Week 16: Continue Assignment 2. Exam revision.